Denver, CO- A Denver homeowner was transported to a local hospital with serious burns from an explosion that Denver fire department say may have been caused by a 100-pound portable propane tank.

Neighbors of the home on the 21000 East 44th Street called the Denver Fire department at 6:46 p.m. with reports of an explosion and smoke coming from the home said Denver fire chief Greg Champlin. “There was propane leaking into the air and something in the basement kitchen likely ignited the fire.”

Four others in the home safely escaped the two-story home.

Inspectors have not determined if the home is structurally stable for the family to remain in the home.