Chester, NY – A 75-year-old woman is recovering Thursday morning from burns that she suffered in a propane explosion at her home early Wednesday.

Mary Patricia Lipsey’s home on Good Pond Mountain Road was wrecked by the explosion and ensuing fire, which occurred at about 12:45 a.m.

Chester town police said she was flown to Westchester Medical Center by a Stat-Flite helicopter. An investigation revealed that something, perhaps a hot-water heater, ignited a propane leak in the basement.

Chester volunteer firefighters and ambulance corps members rushed to the scene, with mutual aid from Monroe fire volunteers and collapse rescue teams from the Goshen and Mechanicstown departments. None of the responders was injured.