Chestnuthill Township, PA – A propane explosion, caused by a spark in an attempt to light a heater, damaged this home and injured two residents Thursday evening in Chestnuthill Township.

The explosion occurred at about 6:30 p.m. on the lower level of a two-story house on Rolling Pines Drive off Route 715, West End volunteer firefighters said.

One of the victims suffered burns to his arms. West End paramedics rushed both victims to Pocono Medical Center.

The house was left uninhabitable, with the lower level sustaining the heaviest damage. The force of the explosion was strong enough to blow out portions of the foundation.