Inver Grove Heights, MN – An apparent propane fire and explosion damaged storage sheds in Inver Grove Heights early this morning, a local television station is reporting.
Around 3:30 a.m., fire crews were called to the property in the 6800 block of Dickman Trail, KSTP-TV said. Firefighters believe a propane explosion sparked the fire, the station said. Neighbors told the station that they heard loud booms.
Firefighters were initially concerned that someone who normally stays on the property was on the site, but that wasn’t the case, the station said. The property is home to a scrap yard, manufactured homes and sheds, KSTP-TV said.
Neighbors were evacuated but have been allowed back into their homes.
The fire is now under control and crews are putting out hot spots, the station said.