NY- The Post-Star – An explosion and fire believed to have been caused by a propane gas leak leveled a Tucker Road mobile home on Wednesday and killed two dogs, officials said.

The Tremaine residence at 36 Tucker Road was destroyed by the blaze around 11 a.m. No one was home at the time, but the family’s two dogs died, said Stony Creek Fire Chief Stanley Ross.

The family lost everything.Had anyone been home at the time of the explosion, they likely would not have survived, Ross said.

“They would have been killed,” he said. “The place was just leveled.”

Ross said fire officials believe propane gas was leaking under the trailer, and a spark ignited it. He said they suspect a spark from a water pump was to blame, but hadn’t made a final determination. The chief said a neighbor reported hearing two explosions before the fire was discovered.