Newcastle, Neb. – A propane explosion around noon Friday underneath a mobile home blew out one of its walls, but the home’s owner was not injured.

The explosion could be heard across the town, said Newcastle Volunteer Fire Department Chief Mike Terrell. Fire crews were called out 15 minutes later, but Terrell said when they arrived at the mobile home at 303 Park Drive, there was no fire.

“It must have put itself out or something,” he said. “There weren’t any flames at all, but you could see traces of burn marks.”

Fran Livingston, the home’s owner, and his dog were inside when the explosion occurred, Terrell said. The mobile home was blown slightly off its base and one wall was nearly torn off, he said, making it uninhabitable.

Livingston told state fire marshal investigators that he refilled the propane tank that morning, Terrell said. The cause of the explosion is still under investigation by the Nebraska State Fire Marshal’s Office because although propane was involved, it is still not known what happened.