A propane explosion and subsequent fire destroyed a home on Star Valley Ranch and injured two inhabitants within.

According to initial reports, by 9 a.m. on Friday morning, the home on Country Club Lane, west of Muddy String Road was completely engulfed by flames after an early morning explosion.

The incident injured both residents of the home who were taken to Star Valley Medical Center.The fire was battled by the Thayne Fire Department and the injured parties were cared for and transported by the Thayne EMT’s.

The status of the couple is unknown while the incident is still under investigation by the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office.