OK City, OK- A propane explosion on Friday in northeast Oklahoma City sent two people to the hospital with serious burns to their hands and faces, a firefighter said.

The explosion occurred about 3:30 p.m. when a man attempted to light a propane stove inside a mobile home on N Coltrane Road near an Interstate 35 service road, said Kirk Wright, battalion chief for the Oklahoma City Fire Department.

No one lived in the mobile home. Wright said the owner and a woman were there with a handyman.

Wright said the man turned on the propane to the mobile home shortly before he tried to light the propane stove. He said someone must have left the propane stove on, and the two didn’t notice gas had escaped from it.

Wright said the blast blew the man several feet, and both suffered first- and second-degree burns. They were taken by ambulance to Integris Baptist Medical Center, he said.

The mobile home is a total loss, Wright said.