Union, ME – A propane problem is being blamed for Thursday’s home explosion and fire in Union.

An early morning explosion and fire Thursday leveled a home in Union, and all occupants have been accounted for, according to investigators.

Fire investigators said two portable propane heaters had been installed in the home during renovations, and a problem with one of the heaters or the gas line cause a buildup of propane in the building that ignited.

The explosion was reported just after 3 a.m. at 30 Sunk Haze Road.

The home was leveled.

The occupants of the home were staying elsewhere because of the renovations.