Smith, OH – Investigators from the State Fire Marshal’s Office and local authorities have determined that propane caused a home explosion that injured four people.

Shane Cartmill, a spokesman for the fire marshal’s office, said Wednesday it is not yet known specifically where in the home the explosion occurred or what caused it to happen. The modular home had one propane tank.

The investigation is continuing.

Willard Woods and wife Megan, both 44, son Jake, 18, and daughter Jenessa, 16, were in the home about 4:30 a.m. Tuesday when the structure blew up and burned.

They were taken to the burn unit at Cleveland MetroHealth Center.

The family said in a prepared statement that Jake and Jenessa have recovered enough to be discharged from the hospital.

Willard Woods has burns over 45 percent of his body and remains hospitalized in critical condition.

Megan has burns over 15 percent of her body, but she is off a ventilator and has been upgraded to fair condition, the family said.

The Woods family has three older daughters, Anastasia, Amanda and Evelyn. Evelyn is at college and the other two live nearby.

Donations may be sent to Woods Donation Account, c/o Huntington Bank, 146 E. Ohio Ave., Sebring 44672.