GA – WALB-TV – A Worth County man is covered in third degree burns when his home explodes in Poulan. G.B.I. and Arson Investigators were called to this home at 452 Pepper Street in Poulan.

Neighbors say, they heard an explosion just before three and saw the front of the home engulfed in flames. Police say when they arrived they found Tony Williams standing in the driveway of his home with burns covering most of his body.

“The only thing he could say, he was in some severe pain at the time, according to the first responder, some kind of propane leak, and he lit his lighter,” said Sergeant Angie Schlosser.

Williams was flown to the burn unit in Augusta for treatment. He is listed in fair condition. G.B.I. officials are waiting on samples of the air at the home to determine if any dangerous gases existed inside the house.