Port Arthur, TX – A natural gas leak fed a Port Arthur house fire that left no one injured but took more than four hours to put out, according to the Fire Department.

Firefighters responded to the home in the 3500 block of 12th Street at 8:35 p.m. Sunday, said Battalion Chief Patrick Murphy. When they arrived at the home, the fire was fully involved, Murphy said.

Neighbors and the occupants of the home told fire personnel they heard some type of explosion. Firefighters found two areas of the fire fed by a natural gas leak and the Texas Gas Service Company cut off the gas, Murphy said.

No one was injured according the report, he said. The fire was ruled an accident and started in the back bedroom.