monoxide poisoning at hunting clubHarrison, AR- Authorities say a long-time Harrison surgeon died of suspected carbon-monoxide poisoning at a hunting club in Arkansas County.

The Arkansas County Sheriff’s Office says Dr. Tom Bell and William Hicks of Yellville were found unresponsive early Saturday morning at a duck club near De Witt. Police say the 75-year-old Bell was pronounced dead and that Hicks was taken to a Little Rock hospital, where he is in serious condition.

The Harrison Daily Times reports investigators discovered that the hunting club’s central heating system had a broken exhaust pipe and fumes were entering the home. A preliminary report lists carbon-monoxide poisoning as the cause of Bell’s death.

Bell worked as a surgeon in Harrison and had recently celebrated his 50th anniversary of graduating from law school.