Duluth, MN – The Duluth Fire Department confirmed Monday a house explosion last week in Duluth was caused by a propane leak.

The explosion tore through part of a home in the Morely Heights neighborhood last Thursday morning, causing close to a quarter of a million dollars of damage. The fire department responded just after 9 a.m. at 611 Everett Rd.

Two people were inside at the time of the explosion. They escaped without injury.

According to the fire department, the explosion was self-extinguished.

Damage is estimated at $230,000.