Cincinnati, OH – Police say they believe carbon monoxide likely killed a couple found dead inside their home where their vehicle had been running the home’s garage in southwest Ohio.

Cincinnati police Lt. Steve Saunders said Thursday that both the man and woman were deaf. But police weren’t sure whether that played any role in the deaths of the man, who was in his 80s and his 69-year-old wife. Saunders says police believe fumes from the vehicle seeped into the house.

The couple had been dead almost two weeks when they were found by family members who had thought they were out of town.

Police Sgt. Michelle Winslow says police believe the deaths were accidental.

The couple’s names weren’t immediately released.