Mt. Morris, MI – Police found a woman dead and a man unresponsive, but alive, in a Mt. Morris home Thursday, afternoon, April 21, from suspected carbon monoxide poisoning.

Officers went to the home near the intersection of Roosevelt and Oakland avenues around 3:30 p.m. Thursday, where they found the 48-year-old woman dead and a 43-year-old man unresponsive.

The man, who was in “very serious condition,” was taken to Hurley Medical Center, said Mt. Morris police Chief Keith Becker.

No one else was in the home at the time.

Becker said investigators believe the couple had a generator running inside the home for 10 to 12 hours the night before. The pair appeared to be sleeping when police arrived, he said.

No other details were released, and the investigation is ongoing, Becker said.