WA Township, NJ – The Express Times -A propane leak in the basement of a township home caused it to explode and burst into flames Friday afternoon, the Washington Township Police Department said Saturday.

An investigation by the police department, the Warren County Prosecutors’ office and New Jersey State Police revealed the cause was accidental, authorities said.

Seven occupants who fled from the house escaped safely. Among them were 90-year-old Antoinette Damiano, Lawrence Honan, 27, and Chloe Honan, 2, who live at the residence.

The remains of the house at 27 E. Asbury-Anderson Road were demolished.