Hermitage, TN – Investigators believe carbon monoxide poisoning killed a carpet cleaner while he was working inside a Hermitage home.
Al Batson Jr., 37, was cleaning the vacant home on Tulip Blossom Drive before it was to be rented. The person planning to rent the house found Batsons body on the second floor on Friday morning.
Batson arrived at the home yesterday afternoon, parked his work van inside the garage, and then shut the garage door, according to a statement from Metro police.
The apparent cause of the carbon monoxide, a generator inside the van that powered the cleaning system, was still running when fire department arrived, according to police. When firefighters arrived, they said they could smell fumes in the home.
Police said Batson was a Smyrna man who owned his own business.