Colorado Springs, CO – Police say a person found in a northeast Colorado Springs home on Sunday likely died of carbon monoxide poisoning after running a generator inside the house, according to Gazette news partner KKTV.

Police were called to a house in the 2200 block of Robin Drive near Constitution Avenue and Union Boulevard about 1:30 p.m.

They found a person who was unresponsive. They began resuscitation efforts but the person died, police told KKTV.

Police said another resident found the person and pulled that person outside and attempted resuscitation before police arrived. The victim is about 30, police said, but did not reveal whether the victim is a man or woman.

The initial investigation revealed that power had been shut off to the house and residents were running a generator inside, police told KKTV.

Officials said it is a tragic reminder to never run a generator or any type of gas-powered equipment indoors and to ensure you have working carbon monoxide detectors in your home.

Area residents can get help paying utility bills by calling 211 or going online to www.211colorado.org.

2 p.m.

A body was found inside a northeast Colorado Springs home on Saturday afternoon following a report of high levels of carbon monoxide, authorities said.

HAZMAT and Colorado Springs police responded just after 1:30 p.m. to the 2200 block of Robin Drive and treated two people, Colorado Springs Fire Department spokesman Capt. Steve Wilch said.

He added that officers were investigating “another issue” at the scene.

Police did not release details about the person found in the home.