Phoenix, AZ – Phoenix firefighters responded to a natural gas leak that caused a small explosion in an apartment complex near 35th Avenue and Camelback Road Sunday.

It happened at about noon.

Neighbors reported hearing a boom and at least a couple of windows were reportedly shattered.

When firefighters arrived at the scene they detected the odor of gas.

The apartment complex was evacuated as crews capped the gas leak.

Eventually residents were allowed back into their apartments.

No one was hurt.