Farmington, NM – Life is returning to normal for 25 people exposed to carbon monoxide poison during a birthday party Saturday afternoon in Farmington.

The most critically impaired patients were taken to the Hyperbaric Medical Center of New Mexico located in Santa Fe.

Nine people including three women and six children were placed inside an air chamber used to treat patients with carbon monoxide poisoning.

The other 16 people were treated locally and released.

Hyperbaric Medical Center operations manager Gregory Thomas said their color returned, their headaches were gone and their general mood was much more elevated.

San Juan County authorities said the 25 people were poisoned by an outdoor propane heater used to heat a closed and unventilated garage.