Ottawa Lake, MI- Toledo Blade – An explosion and fire destroyed a one-story residence yesterday while the owner was not home, Whiteford Township firefighters said.
The cause of the blaze at 6263 Sellers St. was undetermined and no loss estimate was available, Rob Calhoon, fire chief of the township’s No. 2 station, said.
“Right now the only thing we have found is a possible malfunction on the propane gas line leading to the house,” Chief Calhoon said. The fire was reported at 1:26 p.m. and brought under control about an hour later.
The state fire marshal and Monroe County sheriff’s deputies were called to investigate.
Firefighters from Sylvania and Bedford Township assisted in fighting the fire.