Orcutt, CA – Santa Barbara County fire investigators believe they know what caused an explosion at a home in Orcutt.

Investigators said natural gas from an open gas valve ignited Tuesday afternoon. The valve was located behind an electric dryer and wasn’t attached to an appliance at the time.

Investigators haven’t discovered the ignition source yet.

The woman who lives in the house suffered serious burn injuries. She was taken to Marian Medical Center for treatment.

Firefighters said the force of the explosion lifted the roof off of the house.