Oklahoma City, OK- Oklahoma Natural Gas Company (ONG) released its investigation results in a house explosion that occurred on Saturday near NW 122nd and Rockwell.

According to ONG, preliminary results indicate that a leak began at a weld seam in a section of the gas main. Natural gas escaped from the main and migrated underground where it entered the house, according to ONG’s investigation.

ONG said it is still unknown what caused the gas to ignite.

ONG said it has removed the segment of pipe where the leak happened to be examined by ONG and the Oklahoma Corporation Commission, along with any other interested parties to determine what caused the leak.

The gas main has been repaired and is safely back in service to the unaffected households.

ONG says they are working with residents to who are unable to return home to secure temporary accommodations and other assistance.

A claims hotline has been set up, and affected residents in the immediate area should call 1-877-620-4193.

As a reminder, if you smell natural gas in your area, leave immediately and call 911 or Oklahoma Natural Gas 1-800-458-4251.