Salt Lake City, UT- SALT LAKE CITY (AP) — Fire officials are warning residents to check their furnaces as colder weather moves in.

A Salt Lake City condominium complex was evacuated overnight because a faulty furnace sent carbon monoxide into the building.

A carbon monoxide alarm went off and the building was evacuated for a short time.

One person was taken to the hospital but is expected to recover.

Officials say colder weather moving in means residents should check to make sure their furnaces and carbon monoxide alarms are functioning properly.