KS – Melodee Hall Blobaum, The Star – Six members of an Olathe family were sent to the hospital this morning with carbon monoxide poisoning.

Jeff Johnston, spokesman for Johnson County Med-Act, said emergency crews were called to a home at 125 N. Saxony at 8 a.m. with a report that an adult in the family was experiencing chest pain and difficulty breathing. They found another adult, an infant and three children experiencing nausea and vomiting caused by carbon monoxide gas.

Johnston said a gas leak or malfunctioning water heater in the 10-year-old duplex appeared to be causing the problem. He said it was not related to power outages or the weather.

The family was taken to Olathe Medical Center and all are expected to recover.

Two trucks from the Olathe Fire Department and two Med-Act ambulances responded to the call.