Plymouth, MA – WCBV-TV – One day after a Boston child’s death was blamed on carbon monoxide poisoning, a pregnant mother and her two children were hospitalized after being overcome by fumes in their home Monday.

In Boston, NewsCenter 5’s Janet Wu reported, the blizzard turned deadly for the family of a 10-year-old Roxbury boy.

Angel Aviles was found dead inside his mother’s car Sunday night from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

Aviles had jumped into the car to stay warm while playing with friends. The car had been running earlier while his father shoveled it out of the snow. The car was not running when his father, Angelo, found the 10-year-old less than an hour later.

“When I opened the car he was right there. I thought he was sleeping, but I smelled the fumes. I saw him changing color. I took him out and gave him mouth-to-mouth,” said Angelo Aviles.

But his efforts were too late. The boy was taken to Boston Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.

“One of the first things we do is rush out, sit in the car as you continue to shovel it out and let it warm up — that can be very dangerous. It can take several hours to shovel out cars. Meanwhile there is carbon monoxide building up inside the car. Carbon monoxide is colorless, odorless, tasteless,” said Rich Serino, of Boston’s Emergency Medical Services.

Serino also warned about shoveling for long spans of time and recommended taking frequent breaks.

Drifting snow was blamed for an accident in Plymouth’s Manomet section, where three people, including a pregnant woman, suffered carbon monoxide poisoning. It appears that a vent was blocked by the snow

“It prevented flu gas from leaving as it normally would. It essentially backed up into the house,” Plymouth Fire Department Deputy Marty Enos said.

The names and conditions of the three residents were not released.