Danbury, WI – Authorities are investigating a cabin explosion near Danbury, Wisconsin in western Wisconsin that injured a Minnesota man and his daughter.

Forty-year-old Mark Anderson of North Branch and his nine-year-old daughter Susan were staying at the rented cabin when Anderson woke up and smelled gas early Saturday.

Anderson turned on the bathroom light, and the cabin exploded.

Anderson was taken to Regions Hospital in St. Paul and put into a medically induced coma. He was in critical condition yesterday. His daughter was in serious condition.

Family members say both suffered second- and third-degree burns on their arms, chest, faces and legs.

The explosion happened at Houman’s Resort, southeast of Danbury, Wisconsin. The resort co-owner says there had been no indication of a gas problem at the cabin.