Reno, NV- Eight families spent the night away from home after a natural gas explosion Sunday morning in a Reno apartment complex.

The Reno Fire Department was called to a small explosion just before 10:30am near Hunter Lake and Elizabeth Drives at The Park at Idlewild apartments.

They say a leak caused natural gas to “pool” up in one of the walls – and then it found an ignition source, causing the blast.

Fire officials say 8 families were displaced for the night and the Red Cross helped some of them find shelter for the night.

Fortunately no one was injured, and officials say the families should be able to return home today or tomorrow.