News

Couple being treated for carbon monoxide poisoning

Minot, ND - A couple was transferred to the Twin Cities and is undergoing treatment for carbon monoxide poisoning. It happened Sunday at their home in Minot.Emergency responders found the two adults unconscious and breathing. They were rushed to Trinity Hospital...

South Philly explosion caused by crack in gas main, officials say

Philadelphia, PA - Officials say a crack in a 92-year-old natural gas main led to the explosion that devastated a South Philadelphia block last month, killing two people, destroying five rowhouses, and forcing the evacuation of 60 residents.An investigation by the...

Carbon monoxide warnings issued in Keene, N.H.

Keene, NH - Fire officials in Keene, N.H., were investigating Wednesday after a “system error” at a utility’s distribution plant raised concerns about elevated carbon monoxide levels in this city in the southwestern part of the state.The Keene Fire Department began...

Propane explosion sparks house fire in Ionia Co.

Boston Township, MI - No one injured after a propane explosion at a home in Ionia County early Wednesday morning.Authorities were called around 3:10 a.m. Wednesday to a home in the 8600 block of Elm Lane, just off of Bluewater Highway, in Boston Township.The...

Fire marshal, police investigate after explosion levels house in Bucks

Buckingham Township, PA - An explosion leveled a home in Buckingham Township, Bucks County.Buckingham Police and Midway Fire Company were called to the 4300 block of Biddeford Circle in the township's Doylestown section Tuesday morning."The local neighbors heard the...

Carbon Monoxide Scare Result Of Faulty Furnace

Campbell County, WY - Just before 9 p.m. Thursday evening, the Campbell County Fire Department responded to a residence on Mountain View Drive for a report of gas odor in the basement, according to a Campbell County Fire Department press release.When firefighters...

House explosion leaves 6 injured on Detroit’s west side

Detroit, MI - Authorities say six people were taken to a nearby hospital Saturday evening after an apparent gas explosion at a house on Detroit's west side.Deputy Fire Commissioner David Fornell told The Detroit News that responders were dispatched to the 14400 block...

10 in Florida hospitalized after carbon monoxide exposure

Jacksonville, FL - 10 people, including five children, are hospitalized after being exposed to carbon monoxide.Authorities in Jacksonville say they were inside an apartment where a charcoal grill was being used.Firefighters were called to the apartment just after 4...