Baton Rouge, LA- A natural gas leak resulted in devastation in a Baton Rouge neighborhood Tuesday night as one house exploded and two others caught fire.

According to the Baton Rouge Fire Department, the massive blaze started before 11 p.m. at a home on Matilda Street near South 15th Street.

Officials said the fire was caused by a natural gas leak explosion and quickly spread to two others homes on Matilda.

The explosion sent one person to the hospital with a burn injury.

Someone in one of the other burned homes escaped without injury.

Firefighters had a very hard time with the fire and battled it into early Wednesday morning.

It took them nearly four hours to get the flames under control.

Once the fire was out, it looked like a demolition crew had made its way through the neighborhood. The house was a total loss. The home next door was also a total loss.

Luckily, the huge blaze and explosion did not claim any lives.

There was no word on the condition of the person who was injured in the fire.

The victim’s name was not released.