Las Vegas, NV- – Fire investigators say a natural gas leak sparked an explosion yesterday that destroyed two townhomes and sent clothing and debris into nearby trees.

No one was home and no one was hurt in the blast, but at least one family dog might have perished in a resulting fire.

Firefighters say gas leaking from a line to a clothes dryer ignited about 1:20 PM on Meadow Haven Lane, near Twain Avenue and Jones Boulevard.

Firefighters spent about 30 minutes dousing the fire and preventing flames from spreading to two other townhouses.