Utility crews are working to stop a natural gas leak at a vacant home in Menomonee Falls.The leak was called in this morning by someone passing by the home who called for help after smelling the strange odor of natural gas.

We Energies Spokesman Brian Manthey says crews had to vent the home on Bette Dr. and evacuate three homes in the area as a precaution.Once the home was vented Manthey says crews would be able to find out where the leak was coming from and stop it.

Manthey says crews shut off power to the place as well to avoid a potential spark and explosion.He called it a very “tense” situation for the workers on scene.

Manthey says crews discovered two sources for the leak: a faulty drier and a leaky stove.Manthey says the damage many have been done by vandals so the case is being referred to local police.