Waco, TX – A powerful natural gas explosion early Thursday afternoon in Waco lifted a house off its foundation, but the resident, who was home at the time, was not injured.

Firefighters responded to a report of an explosion and fire shortly after noon at a home at 1712 Pine Ave. in Waco.

When they arrived, there was no fire, but there was significant damage to the house and some smoke in the air.

City building inspectors were called to check the residence for structural damage.

The flow of natural gas to the house was shut off.

The source of the gas leak and the cause of the explosion are under investigation.