Noblesville, IN – A natural gas explosion destroyed a home under construction in Noblesville Sunday afternoon.

The house is in a development called Turnberry at The Park near 166th Street and Summer Road.

The Noblesville Fire Department was dispatched to the area shortly after noon.

Nearby neighbors said they heard a large explosion that shook their homes and rattled windows.

Noblesville Fire Investigator, Division Chief Rick Russell, confirmed that damage to the home was caused by a natural gas explosion.

All utilities to the home were shut off to avoid any further danger.

No one was hurt and there was no construction going on in the area at the time of the explosion.

This is one of two homes in the area.The other house does not appear to have been damaged.

The home is a total loss with damage estimated at $300,000.