Addison, IL- KWOC-TV – Three firefighters suffered minor injuries this afternoon after a natural gas explosion in the Chicago suburb of Addison.
A manager at a Walgreens (16 East Lake Street) in Addison called authorities around this afternoon after smelling gas in the store. A Walgreens spokeswoman says the manager then evacuated about 20 customers and employees from the store.
The explosion occurred around one p-m causing the Walgreens’ windows to shatter and black smoke poured from the store’s roof.
Addison Fire Lieutenant Jerry Tonney says firefighters inspecting reports of the gas leak were injured in the explosion.
Addison police say a two block radius around the Walgreens in closed off.