Nampa, ID – NAMPA – Nampa police are investigating after two people were found dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in a home Christmas Eve.

Police said a married couple – a 90-year-old man and a 89-year-old woman – were found dead Thursday in a home in the 500 block of West Cornwall Drive.

Nampa Fire measured high levels of carbon monoxide in the home, and deemed it too unsafe for emergency responders to enter. Officers were able to get inside once the home was ventilated.

Police say the couple left something was turned on, but did not specify what it was. Foul play is not suspected in the deaths.

The couple’s names have not yet been released. Police said an autopsy report isn’t expected until next week at the earliest.

According to police, relatives said they had plans to spend Christmas with the couple.

Police stressed the importance of having working carbon monoxide detectors in homes to avoid similar tragedies.