Dawson, GA – WSBTV -The owner of a motel in southwest Georgia has died in an apparent explosion that investigators say may have been sparked by natural gas or propane.

Firefighters answered a call to the Budget Inn Motel in Dawson on US 82 just before 11 a.m. yesterday. Witnesses who live across the road say they saw a large plume of white smoke pouring out of the office.

Dawson Police Chief Charlie Whitehead says preliminary reports indicate the motel owner and manager, 47-year-old Kalyanmal Bramecha, was killed in some sort of explosion.

His son, Kunal Bramecha, says his father was in the office and adjoining apartment where he lived.

The son says the buildling had a gas tank that ran clothes dryers and a heater.