MI – WLNS – The bodies of an elderly couple were found in their home today in an apparent case of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Police say they found the bodies of Donald and Delores Sanvely after their daughter called Monroe County Central Dispatch asking authorities to check on them.

The daughter had unsuccessfully tried to reach her parents by phone at their Monroe home for days before contacting police.

After kicking in the door, police found the couple dead in the living room.

Police say a carbon monoxide leak was found coming from the basement furnace.