Farmington, Mo.- The apparent carbon monoxide deaths of two people in the eastern Missouri town of Farmington have been ruled accidental.
The bodies of 67-year-old Judith Wheeler and 82-year-old Charles Borchers Jr. were found last Thursday morning in separate apartments of the same duplex.
Autopsy results are pending, but authorities say both had lethal levels of carbon monoxide in their systems.
Police Chief Rick Baker told the Park Hills Daily Journal that officers found Borchers’ car in the garage with the key in the “on” position and the battery dead. Baker says it appears the car was left running with the garage door shut.