Morgan Township, OH- Morgan Twp. Fire Chief J.R. Wood said it’s “a miracle” no one was injured in a propane explosion that leveled a house this morning.

Wood said the fire may have started in the basement of the house at 3941 Buck Ridge Drive.

He said the four occupants — a father and mother and their two children — escaped without injury in the explosion that occurred around 6 a.m.

Wood said the investigation is continuing and the property may be dug up on Monday.

Morgan Twp. firefighters were on the scene until around 3 p.m., Wood said.

By the time firefighters arrived — nine minutes after they were dispatched — there was nothing they could do, Wood said.

“I don’t care if we were parked down the street or if we were here for a 50-year reunion,” he said. “It would have been the same outcome.”

The American Red Cross was on scene, and the occupants were assisted at a neighbor’s home.

The house is listed as owned by Matt and Lisa Breitenstein, according to Butler County Auditor’s Office.

The house was engulfed when firefighters arrived, and it was leveled as firefighters from Reily and Crosby townships and the city of Harrison put out the fire.

Wood said the house went up like it was “gas soaked.”

He said one of the children in the home said his bed was blown 10 feet in the air. The boy said it felt “like an earthquake,” Wood said.

Wood said debris from the house was thrown 200 feet from the house. He said glass was seen on a neighbor’s roof and a set of French doors were found 25 feet away.