WI – The Milwaukee Channel – Some Milwaukee families were able to recover their belongings on Friday after part of their apartment building exploded Friday night.
The incident happened at a six-unit builidng on the east side.
A “We Energies” worker was trying to fix a natural gas leak when the building blew up.
No one, including the worker, was seriously injured.
Megan Linzenmeyer gathered her things Saturday and moved out.
Her apartment was intact, but unlivable. She considers herself lucky with some water damage.
“Mine is not that bad,” said Linzenmeyer.
Building owners are offering tenants different units to stay in.