Charlotte, NC- News 14 Carolina – Two men were taken to the hospital Tuesday morning after suffering from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Fire and paramedic crews responded to a call from a home on East Lake Forest Drive in east Charlotte around 8 a.m.

They found smoke coming from a generator in the garage and a high level of carbon monoxide in the house.

One mane was taken to Carolinas Medical Center and another to University Hospital.

There is no word on the conditions of the two men.

Fire officials say the men were using the generator to run power to the home.