Hambden Township, OH – WEWS News – A Geauga County couple survived an explosion that rocked their Hambden Township home Saturday.

Investigators said a propane leak in the basement set off the explosion.

The couple managed to escape, but the blast singed everything in its path, including the husband’s hair.

The wife who was on the porch at the time was only slightly hurt.

“The occupants were very lucky to get out. This could have been much, much worse,” said Hambden Fire Chief Scott Hildenbarand.

There is no word on how much damage was done to the home.