Manchester, NH – 85-year-old Joseph Byk is dead after a house explosion in Manchester, New Hampshire. It happened at a single-family home on Barrett Street overnight.

It happened around 2:30am and it is believed that natural gas is the source of this blast.

Family and friends were at the World War II victim’s home just the night before, celebrating his 85th birthday.

There was no gas leak in the area, so officials say the home must have been filled with natural gas.

There is literally nothing left except a pile of debris and some smoldering bricks.

Neighbors say an elderly man lived alone in the home. His family does also live in the neighborhood.