Fort Worth, TX – FORT WORTH, Texas – A man died Wednesday in an explosion caused by a natural gas leak in a Fort Worth home.

A Fort Worth police department official said the man who was in his 60s died in the small house east of downtown just after noon.

Neighbors, who reported smelling gas before the explosion, helped another man escape from the house.

A gas jet was accidentally opened and the man may have lit a cigarette in the house, fire officials said.

The victim’s name was not immediately released.