Orleans, MI- By the Sentinel-Standard – An Orleans man was injured and family members shaken after a gas furnace partially exploded in a mobile home located in the 2000 block of Orleans Road late Tuesday.

Orleans Township firefighters responded to reports of a furnace explosion and a fully-involved trailer fire just after 11 p.m. Tuesday.

Firefighters on scene quickly extinguished any flames, preventing the fire from spreading much beyond its origin.

At the scene smoke could still be seen drifting from the interior of the trailer, but there was apparently little exterior damage. Fire crews from the Belding Fire Department were disregarded by Orleans Township firefighters after flames were contained.

Family members reported smelling gas prior to the explosion. It is believed the incident occurred when a man who lives at the home was performing maintenance on the furnace.

All occupants made it out of the home safely.

It is believed the man may have suffered non-life threatening burns, but medical information was not available at the scene.