Luther, OK – NewsOK – A Luther man suffered burns to his arms Sunday after a propane leak caused an explosion in his house, authorities said.Firefighters were not releasing the man’s name Sunday evening.

The man smelled propane about noon at 21777 NE 178. When he went looking for the smell, an explosion rocked the house, Luther Assistant Fire Chief Randy Hegi said.

Hegi said the man was taken to Integris Baptist Medical Center, but the injuries were not considered life threatening.

Hegi said firefighters had not determined the amount of damage to the house, but the attic was destroyed.