Washington County, MD – A man was flown to a Baltimore hospital after he was exposed to what appeared to be a dangerous level of carbon monoxide Tuesday afternoon at the B.P. Lesky Distributing Co. near Hagerstown, a Washington County Emergency Services supervisor said.

The call came in at 12:52 p.m. for a report of an unconscious man at 120 Western Maryland Parkway. The supervisor said a carbon-monoxide alarm activated inside.

The victim was flown to R Adams Cowley Shock Trauma Center in Baltimore to receive treatment in a hyperbaric chamber, the supervisor said.

A hazardous material unit also was called to the scene.

Further details were unavailable.