WHEELING, Ill.- A Wheeling man was found dead by his girlfriend Saturday morning after suffering carbon monoxide intoxication and inhalation from working on his motorcycle inside his northwest suburban garage.

David Molidor, 53, of Sutton Ct. was pronounced dead 11:30 a.m. on the scene in a garage, according to the Cook County Medical Examiner’s office.

Police responded to the home at 8:09 a.m. Saturday after Molidor’s girlfriend alerted police, according to Wheeling Police Deputy Chief Bill Benson. Molidor apparently left work early to work on his motorcycle and left the motor running as he worked to repair the bike.

Molidor’s girlfriend was trying ot get a hold of him and couldn’t reach him so she went to his house, Benson said. She used a garage door opener located in a car in his driveway and found her boyfriend dead in the garage.

A Sunday autopsy determined Molidor died of carbon monoxide intoxication and inhalation of motorcycle exhaust, according to the medical examiner’s office, which ruled his death an accident.